[Nek5000-users] Prenek and Genbox - Maketools problems

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 23 10:53:34 CDT 2013

Dear All,

I have successfully used nek5000 with simple geometries made up of boxes
and with geometries edited through the userdat2 subroutine.

If I understood well, 'Prex' can be used to edit the mesh and create curved
geometries/meshes right? When I try to use 'Prex' or 'Pretex' they do not
work properly. The interface seems to have something wrong with it, I
cannot use the program and I get errors such as:

"
-*-*-Medium-R-Normal--*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
 I/O Error: No String Terminator sent to PRS
 NEKTON Version   2.6

(6144,6144,6144)
(61440,61440,61440)
(61440,   0,   0)
(61440,61440,   0)
(30720,30720,30720)
(   0,   0,61440)
(61440,   0,43008)
(61440,61440,   0)
(43008,61440,   0)
(12288,61440,12288)
(   0,61440,61440)
(   0,18432,61440)
(61440,   0,61440)
(61440,   0,12288)
(36864,36864,36864)
(30720,30720,43008)
 Choose a Name for This Session:
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server ":0"
      after 153 requests (153 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
"

I suspect it has something to do with the compilation since (even though
the compilations is successful  when I run 'maketools' I get the following
messages for each of the tools:

"
----------------------
Make prenek...
----------------------
/bin/sh: 9: [: prenek: unexpected operator
/bin/sh: 12: [: prenek: unexpected operator
"

Another problem is that Genbox works when outputting to a .rea file but
does not output a .re2 file succesfully giving the following error:

"
Program received signal SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault - invalid memory
reference.

Backtrace for this error:
#0  0x7F4957D560F7
#1  0x7F4957D566D4
#2  0x7F49576B849F
#3  0x412A49 in MAIN__ at genbox.f:?
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
"

I have tried compiling with both gfortran/gcc and also with intel compilers
ifort/icc but the same errors occur.

Thank you in advance,
JP Mollicone