[Nek5000-users] Writing 2d output files for 3d data

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 25 04:24:14 CDT 2013

We are generating huge 3d data files (>8GB with multiple I/O) which are so
large, our version of visit does not have enough memory to load them.
Oftentimes we only want to visualize a 2d slice anyway. Is there a routine
in nek5000 that does this? Or one that can be easily modified? To be more
specific, we want to output, for example, the coordinates and the velocity
field for some fixed z-value, into a blah.f00001 file that can then be read
by visit.

Thanks,

Janet

--