[Nek5000-users] Nek5000 maketools compile error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jan 23 21:15:56 CST 2013

Hi Kyle,

I have a Mac as well, and I think what I had to do to get the tools to
compile correctly was to disable big memory support.  In the maketools
script, simply comment out the BIGMEM="true" line and see if that works.

Josh

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 4:32 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Hi Neks,
>
> I just upgraded to a MacBook Pro running Mountain Lion on an i7 (with gcc,
> gfortran), and I am trying to move my Nek installation over. When I run the
> maketools all script, I get:
>
> gcc -mcmodel=medium  -c -DUNDERSCORE ../../nek/byte.c
> gfortran -mcmodel=medium -fdefault-real-8 -o /Users/felker/bin/genmap
> genmap.o byte.o
> ld: in section __TEXT,__text reloc 61: length != 2 and X86_64_RELOC_GOT
> not supported for architecture x86_64
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [genmap] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 1
>
> I found that someone else had this error:
>
> http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/nek5000-users/2012-June/001843.html
>
> but there did not appear to be any solution reported. Is there a
> workaround?
>
> Best,
>
> Kyle

Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke