[Nek5000-users] turbJet problem

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Dec 8 18:56:56 CST 2013

Hi Barak,

I am not aware of variable time stepping in nek5000. The time stepping used
is BDFk/EXTk with CFL constraint for stability. You can change TORDER in
.rea file to 2 or 3 to make the time stepping 2nd or third order accurate.
There is a characteristic based time-stepping though... IFCHAR in .rea file.

However, if for a value ot DT you are getting convergence, essentially you
should get the same for smaller value of DT. What is the error you are
getting after the program aborts after 1200 iterations? It is still stored
in your log file I suppose.

Thanks,
Tanmoy