[Nek5000-users] neuman bc for the normal velocity component

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Sep 25 12:46:29 CDT 2012

Hi Paul,

thanks a lot for your help. Now I understand why 'ON ' did
not work. The inviscid flow we're trying to compute
the boundary layer to is a pulse which first has
v > 0 (outflow) and then after the crest has passed v < 0
(inflow). Therefore 'ON ' did not work.

I helped myself by imposing U_base and V_bl
on the top boundary, where U_base is the
inviscid base flow and V_bl the normal
velocity computed by a boundary layer solver.

However, just for the fun, do you think imposing

u = U_base and dv/dy = - dU_base/dx

on the top boundary would work in this case?

Thanks a lot!

Joris