[Nek5000-users] how to choose lx1

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 24 17:46:23 CDT 2012

Hi Mehmet,

We've seen nek hang on machines when the number of procs was increased, as
you've just encountered. Sometimes, if you change the parameters in SIZE to
give you some extra buffer in memory, you can get past that sticking point.
So, say you need lelt >= 100. Then, if you have enough memory left on the
proc, compile for lelt=150 (or whatever you can manage). This doesn't
always work, but it's a quick thing to try.

Best,
Justin