[Nek5000-users] Area integral calculation in Nek

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 15 14:30:08 CDT 2012

Hi,

I work in cylindrical geometry and want to evaluate an integral of one of  scalar fields over the circular cross section at fixed position
z_0. I suppose that the best way would be to make use of the GLL quadrature formulas on the elements after picking the elements at
desired height z_0. I have two short questions:

1/  Is it correct that xm1, ym1, zm1 are the coordinate arrays, i.e. fixing for example zm1(i,1,1,1)=0.5 would then give all elements that contain nodes in exactly this plane?

2/ Are the GLL weights at the primary and secondary nodes stored in a specific array or do I have to evaluate them for each element,
e.g. by combination of 1d routines which are collected in speclib.f?

Thanks in advance, Joerg.