[Nek5000-users] Setting up a case from scratch

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Nov 28 08:00:12 CST 2012

If I specify import.rea file of ext_cyl as the first file during nekmerge I
get this error

$ nekmerge
 ascii or binary output ? (a/b):
 Input new (output) file name:
ooo
 Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
import
At line 19 of file reader.f
Fortran runtime error: Bad integer for item 1 in list input

praveen

On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 7:26 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> Thanks to Aleks and Paul. I was able to setup the test case using the
> steps I wrote before (gmsh -> vtx -> prex -> rea).
>
> Now I am trying to use nek tools to do it.
>
> Starting from ext_cyl, I try to merge the two meshes to understand the
> process.
>
> fpcyl.box needs cc2.rea which I could not find. I changed cc2.rea in
> fpcyl.box to import.rea
>
> Then generate box.rea using genbox.
>
> Then I try nekmerge but I get following error. What am I doing wrong ?
>
> Thanks
> praveen
>
> $ nekmerge
>  ascii or binary output ? (a/b):
>  Input new (output) file name:
> ooo
>  Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
> box
>  Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
> import
>  Input source .rea file name or press enter to continue:
>
>  locglob:           1           1           1        6144
>  locglob:           1           2         199        6144
>  locglob:           2           1        3158        6144
>  locglob:           2           2        3159        6144
> done locglob_lexico:     3159     3159     6144
>  FACE ERROR:         458           4         520           3
>

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 6:41 PM, <nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov> wrote:
>

>> Hi Praveen,
>>
>> I would recommend starting from the "ext_cyl" example.
>>
>> You should be able to make some progress with this and
>> you could use prenek to modify the geometry if needed.
>> Check out the README in that directory.
>>
>> Let me know if you have questions.
>>
>> Paul
>>

>> On Tue, 27 Nov 2012, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.**gov<nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov>wrote:
>>
>>  Hello
>>> I want to setup a case of 2d cylinder in a channel. I plan to do this way
>>>
>>> 1. Make mesh in gmsh
>>> 2. Convert to vtx
>>> 3. Setup in prex and read vtx mesh.
>>> 3.1 make curved sides