[Nek5000-users] Add/subtract 1d-mean profile

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Mar 7 04:10:44 CST 2012

Hi NEKs,

I'm new to NEK and as a first exercise I'm calculating DNS of turbulent
channel flow. So far everything is fine and works as is should.

Now i wanna do some postprocessing with the (binary) files I dumped out.
Let's say I wanna look at a single file:

Is it possible to calc the 1d mean of u over the whole channel domain (for
example with "call planar_average_s") then take this 1d mean profile and
subtract it from u at every point to get u' (=> u'(i,j,k,e) = u(i,j,k,e) -
<u>(j))?

As I didn't dump the averages with "avg_all()" the hint given in
https://lists.mcs.anl.gov/mailman/htdig/nek5000-users/2010-May/000451.htmlin
this case is not applicable.

Thanks!
Jan Frielinghausen