[Nek5000-users] The first time step in a Nek file must contain a mesh

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 2 07:29:26 CST 2012

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov a écrit :
> Hi Can,
>
> Also note that it is better to use extention .nek5000 for your VisIt matafile instead of .nek3d where you can also drop
> the first two lines.
>
> For automatic generation of this metafile .nek5000 and running visit with it you can use the following script:
>
> http://www.mcs.anl.gov/~obabko/nekvis
>
> Best.
> Aleks

Thank you very much to both of you, these are really useful infos :)
But i got another question, i can visualize now the vorticity field, but
i don't see any v.karman vortexes, i just see some vortexes around my
circle (diameter 1) obstacle.
My bc are as follow : unit-diameter cylinder is centered at (0,0) in a
box on [-15,35] x [-15,15]. (picked up the .rea on the ext_cyl example)
left : velocity inlet with 1m/s
right : pressure output
top and bottom , periodic
Re= 160 (>50 for the instability)
dt=0.01
End of simulation Time = 550
can this be because of the meshe not being tight enough ??
B.regards
Can