[Nek5000-users] Post-Processing

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Jul 18 14:12:13 CDT 2012

Hi,
I'm am very new at this so please forgive me for stupid questions, simple mistakes, and lack or technical lingo.

I'm running two flow case simulations, a turbulent channel and a backward facing step to test a new LES filter. I have run the simulation including the avg_all routine. After completion, several avg.f, rms.f, and rm2.f files were created. I compiled the avgall.usr file and ran again after placing the .f files into respective .list files and ran again in order to get the time averaged data. In the .output file, a bunch of error messages were displayed saying ERROR: Non-positive diffusivity (0.00) specified for field 1, group 0 element. I was told that commenting out the udiff and utrans in the uservp subroutine of the avgall.usr file and also setting the NSTEPS to 0 in the .rea file would fix the problem, but neither worked. Any advice?

Sincerely,

Josh Rabau
Mechanical Engineering MS Texas A&M University 2013
Mechanical Engineering BS Rochester Institute of Technology 2011
603-381-6685
josh.rabau at yahoo.com
jir2830 at .tamu.edu