[Nek5000-users] Passive Scalar Initialization

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 15 16:21:27 CDT 2012

Hi,

I'm deeply grateful for your help. I have another question regarding
I/O procedure. At each time and on every grid point, I calculate some
angles (scalar quantities) which are functions of the vorticity and
their own values from the previous time step. I need to store the
values of these angles at the last time step (preferably in a separate
file) and then recall those values after restating the simulation. I
think I should use outpost2 to store the values, but I'm not sure how
to open a different file other than fld file and then how to read that
file to be consistent in parallel. I wonder if you have any hint.

Regards,
Alireza

Quoting nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov: