[Nek5000-users] Passive Scalar Initialization

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 15 11:44:30 CDT 2012

Hi Alireza,

You can alway reinitialize any field, so either start with or without,
whichever is easiest.  If it's a long and expensive run (esp. from
a passive scalar standpoint, for example if you have very low Pr), then
you might choose to not carry the PS along till you get to your desired
background flow state.  Otherwise, PS typically costs much less than the
hydro, so carrying PS along is not an excessive burden and the setup
and logistics overhead is sometimes easier just to deal with it at
the outset.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Paul