[Nek5000-users] Traveling gravity waves

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 6 10:05:54 CST 2012

I am not an expert on surface waves but just wondering if
you are initializing with one wave component such as this?
[image: \eta\, =\, a\, \cos\, ( k x\, -\, \omega t ).]My understanding is
you should have multiple components to see something interesting. This can
be simply achieved by modulating the above
form by a spatial localization function such as exp(-(x-x0)2) or add other
components such as a1 cos(kx...)+ a2 cos(2kx...)+...etc

Ammar

http://aelghany.googlepages.com/home