[Nek5000-users] genmap error: "infinite loop"

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 11 20:59:03 CDT 2011

Hi Mani,

It's not a fatal flaw... particularly for the values shown.

It simply means that recursive spectral bisection could not
find a split that would yield connected subgraphs in the
domain partitioning scheme.   At the leaves of the graph
(indicated by the small values 1 2 1), this is not a big
deal.  Elsewhere, it could be detrimental to performance,
but the code would still run correctly.

Paul