[Nek5000-users] Explicit Viscosity for Pn-Pn

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 2 10:27:01 CDT 2011

Howdy Neks,

I had a question about using variable viscosity with the Pn-Pn formulation.

I know I need to have ifuservp and ifexplvis set to TRUE.  Looking
through the source code, I see that how it works is the viscosity is
split into an implicit part (nu_star) and explicit.

My question is, how is nu_star set?  Doing a grep on the source code,
I don't see where it is set anywhere.  So, is this something left up
to the user?

Thank you,

--
Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing" -- Edmund Burke