[Nek5000-users] Modifying an initial field

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Oct 4 18:21:29 CDT 2011

Hi David,

The best place would probably be in userchk.

You could have a block like

if (istep.eq.0) then

C........do stuff

endif

If you are doing something else in userchk that would depend on your
modification of the field quantities, then you would want  this to come
first.

Just in case, the velocity fields are accessed like

vx(i,j,k,e) ( for u)

and likewise for vy and vz, where i,j,k go from 1 to nx1 (ny1, nz1) and e
goes from 1 to nelv.  Sorry if that was more information than you needed,
just wanted to make sure all my bases were covered :-).

Does this help?

Josh Camp
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
-- Edmund Burke