[Nek5000-users] Passive scalar equation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Oct 3 11:21:25 CDT 2011

Hi Andreas,

Unless you have a good reason (highly coupled and/or stiff scalar
equation system) you don't need to use CVODE to solve a passive scalar
equation with Nek. Yes, the discrete weak diffusion term (multiplied
by -1) is computed within axhelm (helm1). The implementation does not
assume that lambda is constant. Just work out the weak formulation of
the diffusion term and you'll see what I mean.

Cheers,
Stefan

On 10/3/11, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov