[Nek5000-users] Location based viscosity

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 24 10:27:17 CDT 2011

Hi Josh,

PnPn generally works better for highly turbulent marginally
resolved cases (the add'l pressure modes are useful).

That solver is not quite up to the performance of the PnPn-2
yet - the pressure solver needs to be updated as soon as I
get a chance - so the iteration counts are higher.

The PnPn-2 stress formulation has been more extensively tested.
For PnPn, you need to treat the variable stress explicitly,
which means setting ifexplvis to true, as well as ifuservp.
(See turbChannel example.)

For moving meshes, you must use PnPn-2.   For low Mach, PnPn.

Paul