[Nek5000-users] Location based viscosity

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Mar 24 09:34:22 CDT 2011

Hi Josh,

How about setting "udiff" in uservp?

Note that if you have more than one field (e.g., temperature and velocity)
then you discriminate by ifield:

       if (ifield.eq.1)  then  ! viscosity

          udiff   = my viscosity
          utrans  = my rho

       elseif (ifield.eq.2)  then  ! conductivity

          udiff   = my conductivity
          utrans  = my rho C_p

       endif

Note that technically, you should use the full stress tensor
when doing this, since the d/dxj mu du_j/dx_i
term no longer vanishes.

Are you using PnPn, or PnPn-2 ?

Paul