[Nek5000-users] hpts issue: not dumping anything

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Mar 15 01:54:08 CDT 2011

Hi Michael,

I've had some experiences on IBM machines in the past where the
file never appeared unless it was explicitly closed.
Surprisingly, this was the case even if I properly exitted.

I've not looked at the hpts source, but this may be the issue.

Can you try closing the file prior to exitting?

Obviously this is a pain in a situation where you want to
let your run keep going until terminated by the end of
your allocated block, but I wouldn't know anyway around it.

There may be a compiler option to force it to not buffer
the I/O so parsimoniously.

Paul