[Nek5000-users] hpts issue: not dumping anything

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Mar 14 20:57:05 CDT 2011

Hi,

I am having an issue with hpts.  The issue is on a machine with the operating system AIX 5.3.  The compilers

are mpxlf for Fortran, and mpcc for  the C compiler. The history point routine works on all other machines I

have used, except for this one.

The simulation runs fine, saying that it is dumping history points to hpts.out in the output log.  However, nothing is ever actually written

to hpts.out, not even the header.

I am not sure what the issue is. I suspect something with the compilers or operating system as this is the only difference

between this case, and all other cases.   Any thoughts?

- Michael M.