[Nek5000-users] Restart with geometry changes

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Mar 11 11:10:11 CST 2011

Hi Paul,

This post is making me wonder if I understand how restarting works.  If I
have some geometry in my .rea file, and I restart from a .fld file with
different geometry, which geometry takes precedence?  I had been assuming
that nek interpolated the old data onto the mesh in the .rea file.  And is
the answer affected by whether or not the .fld file contains geometry data?
I think only my fld01 files contain that.

Best,

David