[Nek5000-users] Multiple scalars

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 20 19:32:00 CDT 2011

Hi David,

The output in .fld/.f files work for multiple passive scalars -- 9 for
.fld & 99 for .f

A way to setup, say for 3 passive output fields is to specify .rea:

  3      PASSIVE SCALARS
  T PS 1
  T PS 2
  T PS 3

The boolean areas IFNAV & IFADVC set Nek5000 for solving w/
non-linear/advecting terms for Navier-Stokes and advection-diffusion
equations for temperature/passive scalars -- otherwise there just
Stokes/unsteady solves.

Best,
Aleks