[Nek5000-users] Multiple scalars

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 20 16:40:39 CDT 2011

Hi Neks,

I`m trying to get nek running with a second scalar in addition to
temperature, and my resulting .fld files are not correct, including the
temperature field.  Does anyone have experience with this?  I have reason to
believe that my issue is only with the output of the .fld files, and
probably specifically with this part of the .rea file:

 1      PASSIVE SCALARS
 T PS 1

I have run the shear4 example from repo, and I can visualize the correct
temperature/ps1/ps2/ps3 fields in VisIt.  Furthermore, when I change the
line in my .rea file to

0      PASSIVE SCALARS

I get a correct temperature in the .fld file, but of course no ps1 field.

I would be greatful to hear from anyone who has dealt with multiple scalars.

Best,

David