[Nek5000-users] Error in generalev

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jun 2 13:16:46 CDT 2011

Hello Aleks,

I compiled with the option for trapping a floating point exception,
and it gives the message that it trapped the exception in the same
spot as before (which is very odd).

It might be worth mentioning that if I run in post-processing mode
(nsteps=0), it still traps an exception while in userchk (although I
don't think it's anything specific in my userchk, as I've used the
same .usr file before).  The floating point exception occurs when I
make a call to col3 with vx and vx (to get the velocity squared), but
when I calculate the max and min velocities earlier in userchk, I
don't have any issues.

My guess is that something with my geometry is wrong, but it passes
the various geometry checks I see in the logfile.  I'm not sure what
is causing the failure at this point--any thoughts?

Josh