[Nek5000-users] Primer for reacting flows

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jul 29 12:43:30 CDT 2011

Let me make a couple of comments in addition to what I said:

Most of the plug-in features were moved into Nek some time ago. The
infrastructure is there to simulate reactive flows but the little (but
still time consuming ) details are missing. All you have to do is:

Code some routines to compute thermophysical and thermodynamic
properties. In addition you need a routine to compute the species
production term. For detailed chemistry and transport use a package
like Chemkin. In case you want to use a mixture averaged transport
model code up a routine to compute the terms related to the correction
velocitiy and add them to the energy and species equations.

That's it. Everything else is there!

I guess the difficult part is to get familiar with the internals of
Nek. Except from that it's pretty straightforward and shouldn't take
that long to implement.

Hth,
Stefan