[Nek5000-users] Element mapping in Grooved Channel

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Feb 18 15:22:01 CST 2011

Hello,

I am trying to adjust my model from what it is now (see attached
gn6f.usr) to a model that has the smaller deformed boxes (grooves)
grow until about 24 units in the x-direction while maintaining the
overall channel length.  I am having difficulty mapping the elements
to the grooves.  My goal is the following:

    1.  gdx( 0 ) = 0.6, ght( 0 ) = 0.3
    2.  Maintain gdx( i ) = 2 * ght( i )
    3.  Grow the grooves such that gdx( x = 24) = 2.4 and ght( x = 24 ) = 1.2
    4.  Each groove thereafter is of same dimension.

I estimated a growth factor of 1.08, which will apply to the first 18
grooves.  I have tried this but it either won't run or it doesn't come
out with the correct geometry.

Thanks,

John