[Nek5000-users] Shutdown after "Failed in HMHOLTZ"

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Feb 17 09:20:07 CST 2011

Neks,

Is there a simple way to make Nekton quit if the simulation blows up?
I know Nek will quit if the CFL gets too high, but it doesn't seem to
want to quit something get messed up in the Helmholtz or Pressure
iterations (resulting in NaNs).

I am submitting my jobs to a cluster, and I may not be able to babysit
the simulation all the time (particularly if my turn in the queue
comes up late at night).  Therefore, hours can get wasted.

Any help would be appreciated!

--
Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing" -- Edmund Burke