[Nek5000-users] UPDATE: correction to midside node support

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Feb 16 06:57:00 CST 2011

Dear Group,

In the course of preparing some recent runs, I've discovered
a flaw in the midside node (curve side defn: 'm') support,
that may or may not be an issue for existing cases.

In my example, it was manifest only at certain processor counts
because of the way that certain arrays interacted.

I have implemented a fix that should be sufficient for any
existing cases, and will develop a cleaner fix in the next
week or two.

At present, the error manifests itself as "Vanishing Jacobian"

I recommend updating to the current repo version to fix this.

Regards,