[Nek5000-users] Error stemming from genbox

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 11 15:15:49 CDT 2011

Neks,

I was getting an odd error in Nek when using geometry generated from
the newest version of genbox (repo 718) that I did not get from repo
713 (the log file from the run using genbox from repo 718 is
attached--the error message appears at the top).

After comparing the two generated .rea files, I found the issue.  On
older versions of genbox, it seems that it took the base.rea file
specified and used the upper portion of it to generate the header of
your new .rea file.  But, on the new version, it doesn't appear to do
this for the logical flags.  So, the issue I was running into (while
running the example turbChannel) was that

IFTRAN    T

in base.rea was being replaced by

IFHEAT    F

in the generated box.rea file, where in the older version it kept them
the same.   Manually changing IFHEAT    F   back to IFTRAN    T
removed the error message and the case ran fine as normal.

I'm not sure if this was an intentional change or not, or if anyone
else has run into this issue, but I thought this might help clear up
any confusion if anyone else runs into this same problem (took me a
while to figure out what exactly was going wrong :) ).

--
Josh Camp

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do
nothing" -- Edmund Burke