[Nek5000-users] "byte swap" + grid to grid subroutine

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Mon Sep 6 07:52:39 CDT 2010

Hello,

I am testing subroutine g2gi() for a case of backward facing step (BFS)
field file. After starting Nek5k in post-processing mode, the code stops
in the subroutine g2gi() while reading the old field file.

Nek5k is compiled with GNU compiler and OpenMPI. Here is the code snippet
from the userchk() subroutine.
      subroutine userchk
      include 'SIZE'
      include 'TOTAL'

      character*132 newfld, oldfld, newgfld
      data newfld, oldfld, newgfld /'new0.f00001','bfs10.f00001',
     $                              'bfs20.f00001'/

      call g2gi(newfld,oldfld,newgfld) ! grid2grid interpolation
      call exitt()

Here is the part of the logfile which shows the point at which the
simulation hangs and I have to kill the job after this point.

 nsteps=0 -> skip time loop
 running solver in post processing mode

 call userchk
 grid-to-grid interpolation
 set initial conditions
 Checking restart options: bfs10.f00001

 Reading checkpoint data
       1 OPEN: bfs10.f00001
 byte swap: F   6.5432100     -2.93127722E+35

I am attaching the logfile for you reference. What is the solution to this
problem?

Thanks for all the help,

Harish.