[Nek5000-users] A Restart Issue with NaNs

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Nov 30 20:51:55 CST 2010

I will try adjusting the dt to a smaller value.

Sorry for the confusion, let me try to clarify:

By restart without difficulty, I mean that I had been running the simulation to obtain data, stopping it, then starting again from where I left off. So it hadn't been a problem.

Now the issue. After a successfull restart to continue the simulation, I now have 5 new fld files progressing in 4 second intervals. These files are where I am having the issue. I only

noticed it by trying to use the most recent file again for a restart. When it didn't work I tried the most recent after that and so on until only the "2nd fld file" worked. So somewhere during that time

this happened and I'm not sure why.

Let me try the dt and I'll post my result again.

- Michael