[Nek5000-users] [*] Re: [*] Re: Visit messing up

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 20 07:08:31 CDT 2010

It's generally better to control the geometry through userchk
via:

       ifxyo = .true.
       if (istep.gt.iostep) ifxyo = .false.

so that you don't have geometry in each and every file.   In
future versions of the visit reader it will read the geometry
from any file that contains geometry, which will impact performance
in cases where each file contains geometry.

It's clear that one of the things we need to do in nek is to
make it default to always dumping geometry in the first file,
so that users are not troubled w/ this.  Hopefully we can do
that in the next few days.

(There is also a minor flaw in the above approach in that if
you are using the less-used IOTIME trigger, with IOSTEP=0,
you would get geometry with each output file.)

Paul