[Nek5000-users] Data output

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu May 20 06:16:04 CDT 2010

Yes that's correct!

The I/O format is controlled by the following rea-file parameters:

input: param(67)
output: param(66)

Use negative number for ASCII else it will be BINARY.

In some cases param(66)/param(67) is hardwired in the usr-file.
In this case they're set to 4 to work with the _old_ BINARY format (needed for prex).

I strongly recommend the new BINARY format because it gives you the best performance and a lot of features are only supported in this mode!

Stefan