[Nek5000-users] Representing Curved Side in any plane

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 27 22:34:12 CDT 2010

Michael,

I've only recently added general purpose midside-node support,
which puts a point in 3-space for any one of the 12 edges and
nek then fits a parabola to this.

I'll set up an example that demos this.  The feature has limited
support at the moment -- but does work in nek5000 and generates
correct geometry.

Depending on what you are after, there may be other ways to
generate the geometry.   One of my favorite techniques is to
project a given input geometry onto the desired surface.

Paul