[Nek5000-users] [*] Re: Postprocessing

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sat Mar 27 07:43:50 CDT 2010

Hi Mani,

Nek currently supports only a few output fields:

X, V, p, T, ps1, ... ,psn

X = coords
V = velocity
p = pressure
T = temperature
psj = jth passive scalar

The call

        call outpost(vort(1,1),vort(1,2),vort(1,3),pr,t,'vrt')

would generate a file "vrtmycase0.f..." with vorticity
components in place of V=(vx,vy,vz).

To view these with visit, load the vrt... file and request
to look at "velocity"  (VisIt thinks the field is a velocity
field).

Paul