[Nek5000-users] problem with turbCahnnel case

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 22 07:19:36 CDT 2010

Dear Francesco,

Are you using 4 processors (or perhaps 8?)

My guess is that the periodicity you're seeing is the imprint
of the rand1 function on the initial conditions, which is not
really random in this case since it gives the same result for
each processor.  Hence, you get this periodicity in the ICs.
After you pass through transition, however, which typically
occurs around a time of t ~ 150-200, the ICs are forgotten
and you should end up w/ a nonperiodic problem.

Paul