[Nek5000-users] problem with turbCahnnel case

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Jun 22 05:00:58 CDT 2010

Hi Neks,

I am a newbie and i am trying to learn Nek5000 from the examples.

I run the TurbChannel case but i am not convinced by the results.
If i plot the x velocity the results look fine but if i plot the y-velocity in an xz plane close to the wall (y=-0.9) the results show clear  periodical patterns both in x and z that are believe are not Physical. Moreover these strong periodical structures coincide with the element's boundaries which is suspicious.

I have tried to implement previous suggestions on the turbchannel case found on the mailing list( dt=0.025 and simple filtering)
but i didn't notice improvements.

Do you have any comments/suggestions on this? Do you think i am making a mistake in the plotting or in the settings ( i did a copy and paste of the case in the repository).

Thank you for any help
francesco