[Nek5000-users] Visualizing moving meshes in VisIT

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Jun 4 15:17:33 CDT 2010

Hi Markus,

No, in my understanding that is not possible, since Visit only uses the
grid in the *.f0001 file that Nek5000 writes out.

If you just want a rough idea of how the mesh is changing, a really poor
workaround is to change the name of later files to *.f0001.

Cheers,
Frank

On Fri, 2010-06-04 at 09:24 -0400, nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
wrote:
> Frank, Hank,
>
> I am interested in visualizing moving meshes in VisIT. From previous
> posts, I read that you are working on that. Is it usable yet and how do
> I go about it?
>
> Thanks,
> Markus
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität Wien (Technical University of Vienna)
Inst. f. Strömungsmechanik und Wärmeübertragung (Institute of Fluid
Mechanics and Heat Transfer)
Resselgasse 3
1040 Wien
Tel: +4315880132232