[Nek5000-users] Outflow divergence

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Sun Jul 25 15:13:00 CDT 2010

Howdy neks,

I updated my divergence-for-outflow code from the latest repo of the jet
example case (since I have a suspicion the old one is messing with my
simulation upstream of the outflow) and found the following issue:
"
       if (ifsplit) then
          do i=1,ntot2
             dd = dist(i,1,1,1)*dist(i,1,1,1)
             dd = min(dmax2,dd)
             if (dist(i,1,1,1).ge.0) usrdiv(i,1,1,1) = cdiv*(1.-dd/dmax2)
             if (dist(i,1,1,1).ge.0) nd = nd+1
          enddo
"
This seems to add user divergence linearly in the outflow elements (from
zero at the farthest distance from the outfow face to some value at it),
which is intended, but also adds divergence everywhere else (dd&dist are
zero in all non-outflow elements). This of course causes undesired
acceleration in domain parts where I'd like to keep a constant flow
rate, say.

Was the intention: "if (dist(i,1,1,1).gt.0) usrdiv(i,1,1,1) =
cdiv*(1.-dd/dmax2)"?
How is "ifsplit true" treated differently from "false" in this regard?

Thanks,
Markus