[Nek5000-users] Post-Processing from avg_all files using Nek / Visit

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 30 12:12:14 CST 2010

Hi,

I would like to post-process quantities from avg_all files (rms, rm2, avg).
Particularly I am looking at line plots (mainly) or contours on a plane. I
had a question regarding the approach that I might be taking..

If I load the files, say rmsblah.f0000* into nek using the load subroutine
and fill the ux,uy,uz arrays with that of <u^2>, <v^2>, <w^2> and call
hpts(), how would the interpolation work ? Would it interpolate <u^2> with
the interpolation that is used for velocities ?. The other option would be
to do a line plot from Visit and export it to a text file. Also, I am not
sure how Visit interpolates. Which is more likely to be accurate ?

Regards
Shriram