[Nek5000-users] Question about running error

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 29 14:59:14 CST 2010

Dear Albert,

It looks like your case ran successfully. (grep tep *.out shows this)

You can visualize the results using VisIt.

There is also a way to visualize using postx -- please see the
(under construction) manual:

www.mcs.anl.gov/~fischer/new.pdf

on how to build and run postx.   At present, you would need to
rerun the turbChannel case with

       subroutine userdat2
       :
       :
       param(66)=4
       param(67)=4

and with these parameters set to 4 in the .rea file.   This requirement
will go away within a couple of weeks once I convert postx to support
the new default output file format (.f00000 vs .fld00).

I'm hoping we'll soon have a similar "get started" section about
using VisIt in the manual.   VisIt it much better than postx for
3D analysis.