[Nek5000-users] Impose inflow conditions from another simulation

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Tue Dec 14 09:13:02 CST 2010

Hi Nek's,

I have a question on how to impose inflow boundary conditions that are not
analytical.
I have for instance a Blasius velocity profile computed thanks to another
code. I would like to impose this given profile as my inflow condition.
At the moment I am using a polynomial expansion of the velocity profile in
the userbc subroutine, however I would like to do things properly.

I can interpolate the profile from my previous code onto the wall normal GLL
discretization. That would give me a .dat file containing three arrays:
first one is the y-discretization, second and third ones are the velocity
(u,v) at these points. Question is how could I use these data to impose my
blasius profile as inflow boundary condition?

I assume it is rather straightforward, however I am not sure how and which
indices should vary.

Best regards,
JC