[Nek5000-users] rms fluctuations of passive scalar

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Dec 9 12:46:36 CST 2010

Hi Neks,

I'm doing LES of heat transfer in a fully turbulent plane channel flow with
uniform thermal boundary condition. Re_tau=150, Pr=0.7.
The domain is 6.4/2.0/3.2,  8*8*8 elements using N=8.

When I compare my results with Kasagi's,  it looks like the mean velocity
and temperature distribution are good. AT dimensionless time 165, the rms
value of temperature is good, however, as I restart from time 165 to 402,
the difference between my results and Kasagi's
became larger and larger.

I'm using standard eddy viscosity model, the same as example turbChannel.
In case some one had this kind of problem, I attached two figures, one  is
rms fluctuation at dimensionless time 165, the other is that at 402.

--
Zhicheng Wang