[Nek5000-users] Post-Processing / VisiT

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 20 10:26:25 CDT 2010

Hi Hank,

Thanks for the reply. I would like the pressure values and coordinates of
the blade to be exported to a txt file. The way Paul said, now I can isolate
the blade in VisiT itself. I was able to visualize the pressure on the blade
by the following :

slice plot of pressure -> sliced iso-surface of velocity mag ~0

But this gives me a color plot of pressure on the blade. For
some comparisons, it would be nice to see the data. I thought if I have it
as a txt file, I could import it to Matlab, do a spanwise average and also
compare against some available experimental results. I would happy to hear
any suggestions/ alternative approach that you might have. Thanks.

Regards
Shriram