[Nek5000-users] Post-Processing / VisiT

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Aug 19 21:12:15 CDT 2010

Hello All,

I am doing a LES in a turbine blade and specifically interested in
the parameters (drag, pressure etc) on the blade . I have one time averaged
blah0.f0000* field file from Nek  . I am trying to get a pressure plot on
the blade, but not sure how to isolate the blade on VisiT. If it was inside
nek, I can easily isolate the blade by using the cbc array. I tried to look
into the subset feature in VisIT, but that wasn't very relevant to what I
needed.

I am wondering if there is a flag that I could associate with the blade in
nek and then if VisiT could read it, I can then look at the pressure plot
just at the blade.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Regards
Shriram