[Nek5000-users] Restarting simulation from instantenous & average velocity field files

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 30 07:16:50 CDT 2010

Hello Paul & Stefan,

I am running a DNS simulation of backward facing simulation (BFS) at
Re=3000. The Reynolds # is based on step height (h=1) & free stream
velocity (ux = 1.0). The BFS geometry has 5184 elements and lx1=ly1=lz1=8.

After running for about 10 flow throughs, we started computing averages. I
want to restart simulation after 2 flow throughs, but I have 2 field files
one for instantaneous (blah.fld01) and the other for average
(avgblah.fld01). To continue computing averages I need to read in both the
velocity field files. Is there an option to restart from 2 field files? Or
how else can I do this? I will also require this option later for
computing "rms" velocities.

Thanks,

Harish.