[Nek5000-users] genmap, ABORT: SELF-CHK

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Thu Apr 29 17:23:21 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I am running into a problem with "genmap", see error below.  My *.rea
file that I feed to "genmap" is:
http://tetra.fluid.tuwien.ac.at/fmuldoo/engineering-marangoni-flows/sim2/sim1/sim1/sim11/openboat3D.rea

[root at frank sim11]# genmap
Input (.rea) file name:
openboat3D
Input mesh tolerance (default 0.2):
NOTE: smaller is better, but generous is more forgiving for bad meshes.
.2
 reading .rea file data ...
 start locglob_lexico:           8           1           8
0.200000000000000
 locglob:           1           1           8
 locglob:           2           2           8
 locglob:           3           4           8
 locglob:           1           8           8
 locglob:           2           8           8
 locglob:           3           8           8
 locglob:           1           8           8
 locglob:           2           8           8
 locglob:           3           8           8
 done locglob_lexico:         8         8         8         1
 start periodic vtx:           1           8
         1 5  5  3  0.00000000E+00        1 shift
         1 6  5  3  0.00000000E+00        2 shift

     1     2     4  Matrix:  SELF!!
       1 SELF!!        1        2        1        2
       2 SELF!!        3        4        3        4

 ABORT: SELF-CHK            1           5           1           6
 Try to tighten the mesh tolerance!

           6  quit

Cheers,
Frank

--
Frank Herbert Muldoon, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering
Technische Universität Wien (Technical University of Vienna)