[Nek5000-users] visit: looking at velocity components when using the .vtk-format

nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov nek5000-users at lists.mcs.anl.gov
Wed Apr 21 10:39:09 CDT 2010

Hi,

I am currently doing post-processing computations on some nek data where
I don't have the data in the *.f???? format. So, when I write out the
(postprocessed) data I simply use the vtk format.
I am using the "DATASET STRUCTURED_GRID" option
and "VECTORS" for the velocity. When I read the data into visit I only
get the option to visualize vector magnitude. Is there a way to also
look at velocity components u,v,w? For some reason (it appears to me)
visit by default computes the magnitude and throws the individual
components away. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks!

Best regards

Johan